Back to News
Email from Patient Access
Posted on 1 Feb 2019
If you receive an email from Patient Access, please see below.
Who will be emailed?
All current Patient Access users will be sent an email, apart from the following:
- Patients who have already signed in to the new Patient Access Service (launched 30th May 2018)
- Patients flagged as a sensitive or vulnerable patient
- Patients under the age of 16 years old
- Patients who have asked not to be contacted
- Patients who are PDS sensitive
- Patients who have a patient level confidentiality policy
What are the timescales?
The emails will be sent out to patients randomly over a period of around 3 weeks, starting on 17th January 2019 and ending on 7th February 2019. The reason for taking a staggered approach is to help minimise the chance of patients with questions contacting their practice all at once.
Please be aware that if during this timeframe a patient moves to a GP practice that does not offer Patient Access, they may still receive the email which in this instance would no longer be relevant to them. To reduce any confusion resulting from this, we have included some wording within the email to acknowledge these cases. The wording is as follows:
“If you have recently moved to a GP practice where Patient Access is not available, please ignore this email and accept our apologies for any confusion caused.”
If you have any further questions on this, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll respond to you as soon as possible.